Thursday, January 14, 2010

Writer's High

It’s the struggle of your heart to find just the right words with which to express itself. That obsessive urge to find clarity that consumes you. It’s the longing to be heard of the voice that screams inside of you that you constantly muffle with the noise of the world around you. A lost identity that searches for a face.

It’s that moment in which you sit at your writing desk and the world disappears around you, melting into an insignificant nothingness and all that remains are the memories that you revive, the dark fears that you confront, and the dreams that you find freedom in.

It’s that heat of passion in which your soul recognizes its truest self and spills itself out into the words that your pen furiously scratches onto paper.

That’s writer’s high.

~vagabond~ © 2010

5 comments:

Vamsee Modugula said...

I know what u mean!! Happy New Year and hope to see more of your posts this year.

~vagabond~ said...

@Vam:
Happy new year to you too! I'm hoping this year allows me more time to step back into blog-land.
Will drop by your blog soon...i've missed your posts. :)

soumita said...

Hi !
I stumbled on your blog while trying to frantically search for something. Quickly, I realised I will not get what I want on this blog but also knew I would love to read it! So bookmarked it and read through few of your posts. Loved them and well, connected with them. (I guess somewhere we all do want, feel, crib, muse of similar thing) Hope to read more of you

~vagabond~ said...

@Soumita:
Thanks for your nice comment...and i hope you'll visit again. :)

atimous said...

sure will! looking forward to your new post