Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pay it forward…the butterfly award

Years ago, I watched this beautiful movie Pay it Forward that inspired me endlessly as I am sure it inspired everyone else who has ever watched it. It’s the kind of movie that makes you want to go out and change the world. Can one good deed change the world? Yes, it can…if you pay the deed forward. The movie revolves around the obligation to pay the world back with three good deeds when you receive the favor of one good deed. Give back to the world three times the goodness that you receive from it. When someone does something nice for you, don’t just pay the person back for their good deed, find three other people out there in the world that need you and pass the good deed forward.

I was reading through the comments on one of my blogs yesterday when I noticed a really nice thing that someone had done for me. Thank you, Alok for giving your butterfly award to my Lens of a vagabond blog. It totally made my day. And while I know the below don’t really need me to brighten up their day, I think they truly deserve the niceness of the award and I’m simply paying it forward:

1. Prashant Bhardwaj (Om):
He is an extremely talented photographer. If you’re ever looking for photos to tug at your heart, check out his blog. I find the photos on his blog extremely inspiring and truly enjoy looking at the unique perspective of the world through his view finder.

2. Alok (Hello World):
Yes. Yes. I know he already got awarded. But since I’m picking blogs I truly enjoy looking at, I’ll be honest and pick this one again anyway. I like how his blog always has variety. No new post is like the one before. Journeys taken, conversations had, photos clicked, movies watched, all are fair game on this blog.

3. Diana (Expressions of Life):
She has such an interesting and unique way of writing. She could be talking about the most mundane, every day event of our lives, but her unique perspective, her different way of looking at the event makes the post so very interesting to read.

4. Cuckoo (Cuckoo’s Cosmos):
She doesn’t just own a blog, she owns an entire universe of blogs. Want a hub of activity? Go over to Cuckoo’s Cosmos. It’s always bustling with people, both new and old, with opinions on everything and anything. With three separate blogs on musings, travel and photography, you wont run out of things to read and ogle over.

5. Dust Unsettled:
When I first started my blogs and thought I was simply talking to myself, the first ever comment on my blogs came from him. Look at the first comment on my first post on Lens of a vagabond and you’ll notice it’s from him. He was always so encouraging. It saddens me to see that he may perhaps have left the blog world entirely, and it’s a pity because he is an amazingly good writer. Some of the best posts I have ever read came from his blog. I hope someday he returns to writing again because he does it really well.

I was asked to pick five people to pass the award to. If I could pick more, I'd have picked every single last one of the blogs on my blog roll. They're all very interesting in their own unique way. I wouldn't have you on my list otherwise now would I?

~vagabond~ © 2008

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for bestowing this honour onto me. I am humbled.

It is people like you who enrich my life and each single comment on my blogs is an award for me.

Except Diana, all others are on my reader. Will hop over to her place as well.

About Dust Unsettled ...

Yes, I miss him too. I was pleasantly surprised when I had received his first comment on my blog.
I asked him and he said, he had been a silent reader of my blog for quite sometime and that post of mine (I do not remember now, which one) had forced him to comment. :)

Thanks once again, vagabond for this honour.

alok said...

Vagabond, Congratulation !! you truly deserve it.

I am so glad to see my name back here again, so thank you so very much :)

- Happy blogging


P.S : There is something more coming on your way, keep watching :)

~vagabond~ said...

^
You both deserved it. I do enjoy reading your blogs :)

Diana Sahu said...

Hey Vagabond...congratulations for this award and thank you soo much for bestowing the honour on me.

Cant say about myself but u truly deserve this award coz ur pics speak for themselves...no captions required....good work yaar..keep clicking, keep writing...

Kudos.

Unknown said...

Gosh, I cant believe this!!!

I truly believe that tags follow the same concept of 'pay it forward' and each time I get tagged, i am smiling and thinking about the poeple that I am gonna tag and spread mah joy to!!! :) :)

I commented the same thing on Alok's blog n just a minute later, i was reading this on ur blog too :D :D made me smile once again...
Lets keep spreading the joy :D :D

P.S. : I love all your blogs... I wish I could write someday like you do!!!

~vagabond~ said...

Thanks Diana...and you totally deserve it. :)

~vagabond~ said...

@Diva:
Aww...that was such a nice compliment...but trust me, you dont want to write as good as I do, you want to write better than I do.

LOL. Stop reading my mind.

Just call me 'A' said...

i remember watching this movie too. ages ago and i was so touched. small ripples spreads far and wide.

~ ॐ ~ said...

WOW :)

thanks :)

i just got up and saw this and i am having a nice day already :)

~vagabond~ said...

@ A: Isnt it the nicest movie ever?

@ Om: You do deserve it. :)

gypsy said...

:) i love that movie-simple yet beautiful-gives on grt lesson...

its gud to have such people aroun :)

~vagabond~ said...

@dgypsy: Yes, it is such a beautiful movie. :)

Abhishek Dadhich said...

Congratulations dear and thanks, more so for bringing me back to this world... A small note of thanks for you, on my blog too...

@Cuckoo: Congratulations Cuckoo and thanks for your comment :)

~vagabond~ said...

^ This is such an awesome surprise...so glad to see you back! And you do deserve the award. :)

Glennis said...

Paying it forward is a really nice thing to do, and I believe such things really do change the world, however slightly, and the change is for the good of Humanity. I try to do this sort of thing when ever I can. Spread the joy far enough and eventually it all comes back to you too.
Merry Christmas.

~vagabond~ said...

Thanks, Glennis...and you're absolutely right...these small actions do make a difference to the world. Welcome to my blog. :)