Saturday, April 19, 2008

I miss...

I miss when things were simpler, when life wasnt quite so complicated, when my heart wasn't quite so bruised up, when unquestionable faith was just enough, when I believed I could conquer the world, when just my belief alone was enough, when skepticism was just a random word in the dictionary, when optimism defined me, when I believed in "this too will pass", when hard work merited a reward, when the world was all fair and square.

I long for casual days of innocent naivity, to regain my trust in a fair and just universe, to trust that things will be okay, to be content in my now, to have implicit faith, to not worry about what lies up ahead, to bandage up my broken heart and let it believe in the goodness of the world again, to regain the courage to dream again, to believe that dreams do come true, and that "this too will pass"...

...I really do want to believe...


© ~vagabond~2008

No comments: